Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I was tagged

Okay Mrs. Scott, blog established per your instructions.  I'll work out the details later.  For now...

6 Quirky Things About Katy
1) I talk to myself.  All the time and everywhere, even in public.  I talk to myself at the grocery store ("Do I need noodles?  What am I doing in this aisle?"), wandering around in the yard ("Boy do we need some rain.  Oh look, another dead mouse.."), while I work ("What was I working on before I was interrupted?").  When I worked in an office, my coworkers in the cubes around me were always going, "Kate?  Are you talking to me?"  The official rule for our section became that Kate was only talking to you if she said your name.  If not, just ignore her babbling.  I know it irritates people but most of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it.  The worst is in the car.  I rehearse things I'm going to say to people, I talk to other drivers, I talk through things I wish I'd said to people.  I sit in the car on long trips and pretend I'm being interviewed for something, or that I'm meeting someone famous.  I have long conversations with myself and my imaginary companion.  I probably look like a raving lunatic most of the time, but I amuse me, if no one else.  
2) I'm a cheesaholic.  Chocolate - eh.  Overrated.  But if it were permissible for one to exist solely on cheese, I would probably do it.  I quite literally cannot get enough cheese.  My husband is not joking when he tells me not to eat the whole pound of mozzarella at once.  He's seen me do it.  I feign offense, but we both know he's right.
3) I'm not very patriotic.  I used to be very patriotic but time abroad has put me in a place where I think the US is okay, but that's about it.  We're good at some things and awful at others, just like everyone else.  I would live overseas in a second if the opportunity were to present itself, and if not, I will be perfectly happy living here.
4) I hate pineapple, raisins, coffee, cranberries, raspberries, all bell peppers, alcohol in my desserts, mince pie, oysters, brussels sprouts, cabbage.  And I'm not big on carrots.  Everyone always goes, "Really?" at some portion of this list.  Yep, really.
5) I am creeped out by water at night.  Oceans, lakes, rivers, even swimming pools.  Even when the swimming pools are lit underwater, it still creeps me out.  I'm not sure why this is and I'm not sure I care enough to delve into it.  Suffice it to say, I don't swim at night. 
6) I am fascinated by all things Russian.  I always have been (hence my college major).  I have no explanation for it.  Maybe I thought the funny writing was neat as a kid?

So that's me in 6 things.  I'll have to work out how to link this to others and tag some more people.  But that's for later.  Right now, I need to go to sleep.  My son will be up in 5 hours and I'll be griping that I didn't get enough sleep.  Oh - he's fussing now.  Go to sleep Booboo.
 

No comments: