I had a really lousy day on Monday - bad migraine, deadline for work, husband in a bad mood - and at the end of that day I thought, "Boy am I glad you're over, Monday the 25th." And then I felt bad for Monday 8/25. It's not M8/25/08's fault that I had a killer headache and a pissy husband. Monday, August 25, 2008 was actually a really nice day. Sunny and warm and pretty. Not very good attributes when you're trying to throw off a migraine, but it was a nice day. For lots of the world, it was probably a great day. And there I was getting pissy at M8/25/08 because I had a bad day. Poor M8/25/08. I missed my chance to get to know that day. He's gone. Goodbye.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Saying Goodbye to the Day
It occurred to me last night, as I was putting my kids to bed, that I think of days like people that you get to know only briefly. My son was sick and miserable, and I was sitting rocking him right before bed and I said, "It's okay, Booboo, you can say goodbye to this day. Goodbye August 26th. See you later." But then I thought, "Well, no, we won't see you later."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, you're a really good writer!! Keep it up! And your 6 things made me laugh. :)
Post a Comment