So I'm emailing one of my coworkers, right now, in fact, and we're joking about the economy and the lousy state of our company, etc. I was commenting on the fact that although the economy is terrible right now, there are still people who manage to spend $3 million on the condos my company is selling. And pay cash. That, of course, led to the inevitable jokes about wanting those people to give us their money, and wanting to find money, which led to the lottery.
Obviously I don't actually plan on winning the lottery as my master financial plan, but it would be nice. I don't even need to win a lot. I'd be happy with a million dollars. Shoot - I'd settle for half-a-million. But I've come to the realization that I'll probably never win it. Why? you ask. Aside from the obvious problem of the odds, it's the fact that I don't play the lottery (which brings to mind a bad blonde joke but I'm a brunette, so everyone can keep quiet about that one).
Why don't I play the lottery? Because it's a total pain. I mean, here it is: You have to work out what numbers you want to play (because what fun is it if they're random?), find a skeezy gas station to buy a ticket at, wade through the skeezy crowd to get one of those scantron sheets to fill out with your numbers, wait in line with the other skeezy people buying cigarettes to give the overworked and distracted clerk your paper, pay the money for the ticket (which probably has to be cash, which I never have), and mange not to piss off all the people behind you trying to buy gas while the clerk figures out how to use the ticket machine. And you're not done! You still have to figure out where to find out the winning numbers and find out what day the drawings are on and actually do the research to see if you won. And I think your numbers are only good for a couple of drawings, so you have to go through the whole mess every week.
Poop on that. I have enough going on that I don't have any desire to deal with the hassle. It's like one more annoying errand to add to my list.
My insight from all of this: I'm totally lame. And I seriously never will win the lottery because I'm too lazy to play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment