Sunday, November 16, 2008

I thought I was kind of tech-savvy...

...and then one of my friends invited me to be a "friend" on Facebook.  I've never been on Facebook.  It had never occurred to me to be on Facebook.  Half of my friends here don't even have internet access at home.  I followed the link, and then discovered that I have to have a Facebook profile to see my friend's profile, which I guess is good in a security sense, but is a pain if I just want to see what she put up there.  I logged off because I was intimidated at the thought of Facebook.  

Then I had another friend email me for the same thing, and I figured that I must be really behind because I didn't have anything up.  I went in and created a Facebook profile, but seriously - I don't know what the heck I'm doing!  My 2 FB "friends" have cool pages.  I don't have the slightest clue how to put cool stuff there.  I could probably figure it out, but I'm kind of tired right now, and feeling like an idiot.  It's taking me far longer than I thought it would to figure out.  And at this rate, my kids will be up in about 6 hours and I will regret the couple of hours I've already spent playing around.

Speaking of my kids, I didn't escape Hobo and Rex stories after all.  For 2 nights my daughter had me tell stories about when I was a kid, and then we were back to Hobo and Rex.  3 stories a night.  Which I am proud to announce I am still able to invent at a moment's notice.  Tonight Hobo and Rex saved a ladybug from the house, Hobo got in trouble because his room was messy, and Hobo and Rex built a boat.  I'm sure all of these H&R stories are doing something helpful for my brain.  Maybe I won't get Alzheimer's (or something) because I'm coming up with all of these inane stories every night.  Although my daughter loves them and talks about Hobo and Rex all the time, so it's worth it.  We're buying bird seeds to put in the feeder all winter so H&R and family won't have to fly south and can stay here.  She's always asking me when she can see H&R.  I haven't worked out that one yet.

Ooooh.  I wonder if it's too late for a glass of wine...

No comments: